1. Buy insurance from the internet. Most insurance companies offer discounts for online applications because the process is automated and their cost is much cheaper in processing your application. This package can usually see a 5% -10% discount.
2. Do shopping. All insurance companies use different formulas to calculate the amount of your insurance premium by adding or subtracting money after each question asked to you. By shopping, you can find substantial savings on your insurance premium.
3. Consumption of additional products. Most insurance companies have other insurance products such as “Building and content insurance”. Most insurance companies provide additional discounts to buy more than one product, by doing this you can save all your insurance premiums.
4. Pay your insurance premium in one period. By paying your insurance premiums in full can avoid paying interest fees that will be added if you pay your insurance premiums with instalments. Some insurance companies can charge as much as 15% of installments. You can receive a discount to pay off. If you can not afford to pay full, check what the small loan interest rates might be you can still save money.
5. Increase your level of voluntary excess. Your excess is the amount paid by you in the claims process, by increasing this your insurance company should reduce your premiums.
6. Lower your annual vehicle travel mileage. Lowering the mileage of driving within a year can reduce the premium, most insurance companies will record about 12,000 miles per year. Try to find out how many miles you’ll be doing if you’re less likely to get a discount.
7. Has Alarm, Immobilizer or Tracker installed. Mind and from your vehicle play a major role in calculating your insurance premium. Having an alarm or immobilizer will give you a small discount for your premium.
8. Conduct advanced driving test. Passing your advanced driving test will show your insurance company that you have skills while driving and are less likely to be involved in an accident.
9. Do not increase the value of your car. Adding extra value to your car when you apply for your insurance offer will do nothing but increase your premium. If your car is stolen or removed, you will only pay the market value of your car at the time of your accident.
10. See your credit rating. Insurance companies see your credit score as part of the calculation for your insurance premium. By maintaining a credit rating it can avoid unnecessary additions to your premiums.
11. Insure your car Only on Third Parties. Third parties are required by law. If your vehicle is of low value then you can consider this issue.
12. Maintain confidence Insurance company. Keeping your convictions driving very seriously and can dramatically increase your car insurance premium, by maintaining a net license proving to the insurance that you are a safe and cautious driver.
13. Remove all unnecessary drivers. If you have a young driver in your insurance policy that no longer uses the vehicle you should remove it as this will reduce your premium.
14. Young drivers may add older drivers. Insurance companies will reduce the premium of young drivers if they have older drivers mentioned in insurance.
15. Build a discount without your claim One of the biggest factors that affects your car insurance premium is the length of the year there is no discount claim. You can receive up to 75% discount for about 5 years without making a claim. The longer, then you can stay claiming to free up the safer driver your insurance company will see you as.
16. Protect discounts without claims. While it may increase your insurance premium if you have many years of no claims, you may want to protect this because small claims can increase your premium by up to 75%.
17. Buy a car of the lower insurance group. A very important factor for your insurance premium is what car you have. Most insurance companies adopt the Association of British Insurance Group Rankings. By buying a car with a lower group rating will lower your premiums especially for young or inexperienced drivers.
18. Join the car clubs. If your vehicle is a classic or a specialist, consider joining a club associated with your car club, offering an insurance scheme that has excellent premium rates.
19. Place your spouse as a renowned driver. Some insurance companies offer a discount when you add a couple as a named driver as opposed to an unmarried couple; they see marriage as a sign of stability and associate stability with safe driving and there to give you a discount.
20. Add a plus. If you are a new driver, consider taking your test score plus. Some insurance companies can give you a discount of 25% and when you just passed the test and no claims, this can make a lot of savings.